Retention at Shawnee State is a top priority. 大学保留, 有时被称为坚持, is of increasing importance to our administrators as they work to improve graduate rates and decrease loss of tuition revenue from students who either drop out or transfer to another school.
Transfer rates are very high in the United States with 60% of all bachelor's degrees being awarded to students who began their college at another institution, 澳门威尼斯十大官网也不例外. Retaining students means that the investment in recruitment pays off, Shawnee State doesn't lose the tuition revenue, 学生实现目标, students remain engaged in their classes and involved on campus, and students form social and emotional ties to the university that encourage them to do well academically and become loyal alumni of the University.
If you know a Shawnee State University student struggling with academic or non-academic issues that are impeding their success, 考虑“推荐学生”." The 推荐形式 是简单的完成和保密.
- What Works? Research-Based, High-Impact Practices for Promoting Student Success (PDF)
- 教育状况2012 (PDF)
- Graduation Rates as a Measure of College Accountability (PDF)
- One Step from the Finish Line: Higher College Graduation Rates are Within Our Reach (PDF)
- Academic Advisement and Student Retention: Empirical Connections & 系统干预(PDF)
- "Decided," "Undecided," and "In Transition": Implications for Academic Advisement, 职业咨询, & 学生存续率(PDF)
- A Taxonomy of Potential Assessment Outcomes (PDF)
- Assessment of Academic Advisors and 学术顾问 Programs (PDF)
- Uniform Statewide Standards for Remediation Free Status - HB153 (PDF)
- Major Issues Placing Students "At Risk" for Attrition (PDF)
- 指标时间表 & Strategies for At-Risk Student Prediction, Identification, and Intervention (PDF)
- Commonly-Cited Indicators of Students "At Risk" for Attrition (PDF)
- At-Risk Prediction Instruments, Early-Alert Systems & 离职面谈(PDF)
- Instruments Designed to Identify "At-Risk" Students at College Entry (PDF)
- www.act.org (retention study and tracking charts, education policy/trends)
- www.ama.com (市场趋势及应用)
- www.collegeboard.org (学生心理统计特征)
- www.collegeresults.org (四年保留率基准)
- nces.ed.gov (2010年教育统计文摘)
- www.higheredinfo.org (大学入学率)
- www.noellevitz.com (漏斗分析)
- www.stamats.com (青少年和家长趋势分析)
- www.wiche.org (学生预测)
- www.educationtrust.org (K-18 environmental scans and best practices)
- www.lumina.org (research)
- www.pewinternet.org (通讯及互联网趋势)
- http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2012/07/10/new-studies-link-study-abroad-time-graduation (与留学有关的留用)
- E-SOURCE大学过渡 is a complimentary biannual electronic newsletter published by the National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition. Its primary purpose is to provide practical strategies for supporting student learning and success.
- Institute for Higher Education Policy (IHEP) Access to Attainment (PDF)
- IHEP - Degrees of Hope: Redefining Access for 21st Century Students (Film)